One of the significant tragedies of the overall financial literacy narrative is a focus on what is not working as opposed to empowering what we know does work.
Below is a simple, straightforward, road map anyone can follow to impart knowledge and joy on personal finance with kids starting today.
It is perfect for anyone who who wants to:
- Take charge of their child or students financial education.
- Help children develop the right money mindset, habits, and attitudes from the outset.
- Assist kids in building solid financial skills and a strong financial foundation to make informed financial decisions throughout their lives.
- Get children on the road to financial freedom, financial security and financial wellness.
- Optimize and efficiently use their own time, energy, and money.
- Maximize their impact.
Anyone includes: moms, dads, grandparents, teachers, trainers, community leaders or enterprises.
Road Map to Successful Youth Financial Literacy
How do we know the resources work? Testing and feedback. See user experiences and feedback below.
User Experiences and Feedback
Here is a sampling of user experiences – Sammy Rabbit Dream Big Financial Education resources.
In School and After School: Led by Community Leaders
Malabar Elementary School. Rosa Overstreet, Los Angeles, CA
St. John Lutheran School Berlin, Wisconsin, Amy Vetrone, Financial Educator
Walnut Elementary School, Baldwin Park, CA
Huntington Elementary School. Cedric Turner. Empower Yourself, Brockton, MA
Did You See What Marine Veteran Nick Bradfield Did? Cary, NC
Alana Golden, California Department of Financial Institutions, Sacramento, CA
Patrina Dixon and United Way Women’s Leadership Council, Hartford, CT
Money Smart 101, Philadelphia, PA
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
Naval Air Station, Jacksonville, FL
Author Led Experiences
YMCA and East Los Angeles College, Los Angeles, CA
Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO
Air Force Aid Society, Arlington, VA
El Monte Promise Foundation, El Monte, CA
University of Maryland Cooperative Extension, Salisbury, MD