Financial literacy is not rocket science. It is not chocolate either.
Here is what I mean.
Not Rocket Science
Getting kids financially literate is easier than many think.
We know what to do. In fact, we have known for a long time. That is something parents need to know. They do not have to struggle and neither do their kids. And, they do not have to wait. They can put their children and themselves on the road to financial wellness today. It only takes one right click.
Sammy Rabbit Dream Big Reads and financial education experiences are part of the solution. They are easy, efficient, and fun to execute…for everyone.
How do we know?
Testing. Experience. Feedback. Lots of it. Almost 20 years worth. Examine the collaborations and user experiences below.
Not Chocolate Either
Most people do not crave or clamor for financial education.
We do not need a study or survey to determine this. We only need common sense. Since the topic is unattractive or avoided by many whether it is in homes, schools and other places of learning, it needs to be sold.
What I am saying is this, we need to find strategies to communicate, persuade, incentivize and motivate people to become financially educated. We need to do it for their good and our good. Understanding and being able to execute core personal finance competencies is essential to all wellness and helpful to everyone.
IF you are searching for effective financial education that gets kids excited about learning, contact us today.
We delight in ‘Triple Win’ collaborations and empowering kids and families. Let’s do a lot of that together in 2019! Let’s decide on one project we can execute together, big or small. We can go from there. That is what Sammy’s Two Step Strategy to Impact is all about.
All are welcome to contribute. See Sammy Rabbit’s Menu of Ideas for Collaboration below for our thoughts. We welcome your thoughts. Have a Sammyriffic day!
Have one million kids own, read, and color Sammy’s Big Dream book set by the end of 2020!
Menu of Ideas for Collaboration
- Guest Blog. Write a Guest Blog for Sammy Rabbit dot. We’ll promote it and link to your site through our social media channels.
- Host a Guest Blog. We’ll write a guest blog or do an interview/podcast for your site related to Sammy’s Dream Big initiatives.
- Review a Sammy Dream Big Resource.
- Lead or Give away a Sammy Big Dream Experience or Resource See Sammy’s Two Step Strategy to Impact. At your option, blog about your experience and we’ll promote it.
- Fund and/or coordinate a High School or College led Sammy Big Dream Experience!
- Take the Dream Big Pledge and Challenge (TBD)
- Other. Suggest a different project for a collaboration.
- Women United for United Way and It’$ My Money Founder Patrina Dixon are doing it in Hartford, Connecticut Collaboration
- Economics Arkansas and Garrett Planning Network: Arkansas Collaboration
- Award Winning University Project Established Blueprint for Financial Literacy Success
- Armed Forces Network Reports on Financial Education Program for Military Families
User Experiences and Feedback
Here is a sampling of user experiences – Sammy Rabbit Dream Big Financial Education resources.
In Home: Parent Child Experiences
Michael Morton, Dad and Daughter, Harvard, MA
Nick Bradfield: Father and son, Cary, NC
Abby Kovach: Mother and daughter, Denver, CO
Chelsea Iliff: Military Mom, MD
Amy Vetrone: Mom and Son, Berlin, WI
In School and After School: Led by Community Leaders
Malabar Elementary School. Rosa Overstreet, Los Angeles, CA
St. John Lutheran School, Amy Vetrone, Financial Educator Berlin, WI
Walnut Elementary School, Baldwin Park, CA
Huntington Elementary School. Cedric Turner. Empower Yourself, Brockton, MA
Did You See What Marine Veteran Nick Bradfield Did? Cary, NC
Alana Golden, California Department of Financial Institutions, Sacramento, CA
Patrina Dixon and United Way Women’s Leadership Council, Hartford, CT
Money Smart 101, Philadelphia, PA
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
Naval Air Station, Jacksonville, FL
Author Led Experiences
YMCA and East Los Angeles College, Los Angeles, CA
Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO
Air Force Aid Society, Arlington, VA
El Monte Promise Foundation, El Monte, CA
University of Maryland Cooperative Extension, Salisbury, MD