READ ALOUD TO KIDS
Everyone agrees! Read aloud to children. It makes a difference! Here are eight (8) ways reading aloud to kids help them.
(1) Reading aloud builds kids reading skills.
(2) Reading aloud builds kids vocabulary.
(3) Reading aloud grows kids knowledge and imagination.
(4) Reading aloud builds kids critical thinking skills.
(5) Reading aloud builds kids listening skills.
(6) Reading aloud provides kids an opportunity to hear the reader model fluency and expressions.
(7) Reading aloud helps kids work on and increase their attention span.
(8) Reading aloud increases kids value and marketability!
It’s long established in science and research: the child who comes to school with a large vocabulary does better than the child who comes to school with little familiarity with words and a low vocabulary.
Excerpt from Great Schools dot org: The hidden benefits of reading aloud — even for older kids!
We love reading to kids and would be delighted to have you to join us. Whether it is story books or song lyrics, we’re always searching for new ways to incorporate reading into our financial literacy education strategies.
That’s why we have created Sammy Rabbit’s All Star Reader Leader program. Discover more about the program below.
We want and welcome readers of all ages including high school and college students.
Be an All Star Reader Leader and writer like Harsimran Chohan (See her blog: Teens, Financial Education, Being Prepared for the Real World!)
And/or lead a Sammy Rabbit Dream Big Read in your local community like students at Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa.
Join Sammy and his team of All Star Reader Leaders!
Check out and be a part of our program. Contact us for additional information!
CONNECT WITH SAMMY
Website and Email
If you have questions, suggestions or would like learn more about Sammy Rabbit and his mission to teach kids great money habits and other important life skills, contact us!
CLICK to contact Sammy via our website contact form;
or email us at: contact@SammyRabbit.com