February 25 through February 29, America Saves Week 2019, will be remembered in perpetuity as an outstanding and Sammyriffic week of financial literacy and financial education in Arkansas.
The TV news reports, videos, pictures and social media posts tell the story of the exemplary leadership of Economics Arkansas who orchestrated the statewide resource and public awareness campaign that resulted in:
- Every elementary school in the state receiving a copy of the storybook Sammy’s Big Dream
- National awareness on the need and importance of early age financial literacy
- And, four days of special, live Dream Big Read experiences led by celebrity guest readers!
Here are some of the many highlights.
Thursday, 2.28 | Jones Elementary School | Springdale
- KNWA News Segment
- FOX24. Springdale Elementary Students Learn Healthy Financial Habits
- Tweet. Guest Reader Chelsea Helms
- Facebook. Guest Reader Chuck Barrett (Voice of the Razorbacks)
- Tweet. Guest Reader Chelsea Helms (Anchor FOX24 News)
Wednesday, 2.27 | Crestwood Elementary School | North Little Rock
- Facebook. Guest Reader Officer Thomas Norman
- Tweet. Guest Reader Officer Thomas Norman
- Tweet. Guest Reader: Police Officer Thomas Norman | LinkedIn. Guest Reader Thomas Norman
Tuesday, 2.26 | David O. Dodd Elementary School | Little Rock
- THV 11 News Segment. Reading Roadtrip (Video) from David O. Dodd
- Tweet. David O. Dodd Elementary School
- LinkedIn Post. Guest Reader: THV 11 News Anchor – Craig O’Neill
Monday, 2.25 | Valley View Elementary School | Jonesboro
- Facebook. Tweet from David Bach, Best-Selling Author, The Automatic Millionaire
- IRIS.xyz. Kathleen Lawson: No Regrets! From Babysitter to Dishwasher to Executive Director |
- Tweet. Guest Reader: Kelly Damphousse, Arkansas State University Chancellor
- Facebook. Opening Ceremonies Valley View Elementary #2
- Facebook. Economics Arkansas. Let’s Read! Let’s Save! #1
Pre-Arkansas Dream Big Read Preparation
- All Star Celebrity Guest Readers Scheduled for the Arkansas Dream Big Read
- Sammy’s Big Dream Coming to Every Elementary School in Arkansas this Month
- Coming to AR: Sammy Rabbit and the Dream Big Read
- Arkansas Elementary Schools: Get Ready. The Dream Big Read is Coming!
Arkansas Dream Big Read Collaboration Partners
About Dream Big Reads
Dream Big Reads are a collaborative strategy.
Their purpose is to bring financial education resources and raise awareness in communities around the world on the need for early age financial literacy.
The goal is to make it just a little bit easier to help kids establish the right money habits and money attitudes while they are young – between the ages of 4 and 10. We want to shape kids money mindsets, habits and attitudes, NOT correct them.
All are welcome to collaborate and participate. Let’s bring the campaign to kids, families and schools in your community!
Have one million kids own, read and experience a Sammy’s Big Dream Book by the end of 2020! We want kids to develop great money habits at an early age so they can have better and brighter futures!
Contact us now to schedule a Dream Big Read in your community!