Sam and Sammy
When it comes to kids and money, Sam and Sammy are the ‘real deal! Their experience in the trenches is unparalleled. They have led financial education programs with over a quarter of a million children in 8 countries and nearly 40 states. Their innovative thinking and strategies have not only earned them numerous awards, they have helped garner awards for several other individuals and enterprises who have emulated their work
This morning my six year old (daughter) and I listened to the songs together and she started singing along. She’s a great judge! She also demanded one screen print off the sample so she could color it.
– Sheryl Garrett, CFP®, Author
Johnny (Paul's grandson) is obsessed with those CDs now. We’ve had to listen to them at every waking moment…
– Paul Merriman, Columnist Market Watch
…And not only that, but he has a Budget Rap! So naturally I was impressed from the get go. So much so that I’m now going to copy and paste the lyrics to this budgeting greatness
– J. Money, Personal Finance Blogger
Renick can whip a gym full of elementary-school kids into a frenzy of enthusiasm for saving money minutes after bounding into the room
– Janet Bodnar, Editor, Kiplinger
Seconds after the music started ... my two-year-old(daughter) and I were bopping away to the beat; since then, I've been known to play the thing when she isn't even in the car.
– Liz Weston, Personal Finance Columnist, Author
Detweiler, who describes this as one of the great financial education programs for kids…says that after listening to Sammy, the rabbit with great habits, her daughter adopted a totally different attitude about money and became more of a saver, practically overnight.
– Gerri Detweiler, Personal Finance Columnist, Author, The Ultimate Credit Handbook
Awards and Honors
- 2016 NFEC Instructor of the Year
- 2015 NJCFE Muriel F. Siebert Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2011 | 2008 Repeat EIFLE Winner (Excellence in Financial Literacy Education)
- 2009 LMU Entrepreneur Wall of Honor Sam X Renick
- 2007 California Jumpstart Coalition Leaders in Personal Financial Literacy