1st NATIONAL DREAM BIG READ
- 10,000+ Kids Receive Sammy Books
- Schools, Youth Clubs, Communities Receive Curriculum
- Financial Education Experiences Across Nation
- Online Financial Literacy Awareness Campaign
Level 2 Sponsors
Level 1 Sponsors
Robert "Bob" Bates
DBA Coffeetree Financial Planning
Century 21 - Bright Horizons
West Covina, California
Coldwell Banker - Olympic
La Mirada, California
Wilmington, North Carolina
Females & Finance
St. Louis, Missouri
The Merriman Financial Education Foundation
St. Charles, Missouri
Oklahoma State University Student Volunteer Center
Columbus, New Jersey
Keith W. Rauschenberger
- Your Name & Url
What is the National Dream Big Read?
The National Dream Big Read is a collaborative early age financial literacy initiative. It's objectives are to bring financial literacy resources, experiences and awareness to communities around the United States. We think it's important to begin the education process early and stress developing great habits. We believe great habits give all kids better futures. And, that is what we want - kids to have better and brighter futures.
The National Dream Big Read is comprised of three components:
The goals are to:
- Give away 10,000 special edition Sammy's Big Dream Read and Color activity books
- Have Dream Big Reader Leaders conduct Dream Big Reads in 100 communities
- Raise awareness on early age and family financial literacy between June and December 2019!
Book Give Away
Give kids a financial education. Give them a Sammy book. Take a peek.
What is a Dream Big Read?
A Dream Big Read is an interactive education experience. It brings community leaders of all ages together with elementary age children to read and discuss big dreams, great money habits and more! The experience consists of:
- Reading the story Sammy's Big Dream.
- Discussing the story, big dreams, and money habits.
- Doing activities. Do one or more from Sammy's Trainer Kit Instructions Booklet or Instructor Guide. See Trainer Kit.
- Opportunity to keep learning at SammyRabbit.com
Dream Big Read events like the one pictured above and video below will be held all across the nation during October. Sponsors, Hosts, or Dream Big Reader Leaders choose and coordinate the locations of readings. Team Sammy will assist at your option.
Financial Literacy Awareness Campaign
One component and goal of the 1st National Dream Big Read is to raise awareness on early age and family financial literacy. The awareness campaign will take place online between June and December 2019. During that time, Team Sammy will make a variety of social media and blog posts related to early age financial literacy education. Many of these posts will feature Sponsors, Hosts, and Champions of the initiative. Everyone is welcome to like, share, comment and contribute to the campaign. See the example above or click to see examples of awareness campaign posts:
How can I participate in the National Dream Big Read?
There are a couple of ways you can still participate in the National Dream Big Read.
Host or Lead a Dream Big Read
Dream Big Reads are perfect for children age 7+ - 2nd grade and above.
Typically they can be completed in anywhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on how you organize the experience.
Dream Big Reads are normally conducted in homes, at schools, youth clubs, community agencies, office locations, community events, etc.
Dream Big Reads are easy to lead. They are time efficient and cost effective to execute. Almost anyone can do it, from teenagers to teachers to seniors. All that is needed is a Dream Big Read Trainer Kit to get started.
If you are a parent, teacher, after school program leader, community leader, financial educator, teen leader, college student, etc, and would like a host or lead a Dream Big Read contact us.
Champion and/or Contribute to Online Financial Literacy Awareness Campaign
Sammy Rabbit believes:
- It is important to increase awareness on the need for financial literacy education at all levels, but especially for young children.
- Everyone can champion and contribute.
Here are a few ways you can champion and contribute.
- Like, share, and/or comment on social media posts related to financial literacy education, including the 1st National Dream Big Read.
- Write a blog on the topic of financial literacy education.
- Be featured in a social media post or blog.
- Include a blog, column or note on financial literacy education and/or 1st National Dream Big Read in your newsletters, communications, etc.
- Open doors and make introductions between people and enterprises who can grow the messaging.
Samples of Social Media
Previous Dream Big Reads
Wisconsin - April 2019
“In Wisconsin, our 400-plus volunteer bankers reached over 12,000 kids with Sammy Rabbit’s message that saving is a great habit,” said Amber Seitz, Operations and Financial Education Manager, Wisconsin Bankers Association and Foundation. “The book received rave reviews from the students and bankers alike, making for a wonderful experience for everyone!”View Blog
Arkansas - February 2019
“The Arkansas Dream Big Read initiative was a great way for us to connect with new schools, and reinforce relationships with other schools,” stated Kathleen Lawson, Executive Director for Economics Arkansas. “By using high profile community leaders to serve as readers, we were able to attract media attention and share the importance of early savings habits with an even broader audience. Sammy Rabbit makes savings concepts easy and memorable. It was an easy campaign to get behind.”View Blog