DOWNLOAD IT’S A HABIT SAMMY RABBIT READ & COLOR
Download It’s a Habit Sammy Rabbit Read & Color Story Activity Book for Free. Enter $0 at Price Prompt.
AUTHOR READING OF STORY
Watch and Listen to Author Sam X Renick read It’s a Habit, Sammy Rabbit!
TIPS ON USING IT’S A HABIT, SAMMY RABBIT
The story book is a catalyst for teaching and talking to kids about money as well as helping them to build their reading, writing, vocabulary and goal setting skills!
It’s perfect for beginning and early readers between ages 4 to 7; Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade.
- Step 1. Have children watch and listen to author Sam X Renick read It’s a Habit, Sammy Rabbit!
- Step 2. Have children read the story on their own or read the story with them.
- Step 3. Have children review and recall the story! Discuss the story with them. Below see section titled: Discussion questions!
- Step 4. Have children color the story activity book. Children can review a few of the color choices illustrator Juan Alvarado made. Below, see titled: Illustrator Color Choices.
- Step 5. Have children complete activities listed below in section titled: Additional Activities!
- Step 6: We welcome your questions and suggestions for activities. We are also happy to provide you additional ideas. Email us at: contact@SammyRabbit.com
KEEP LEARNING! Checkout Free and Low Cost Sammy Resources
For 3 to 5 year olds
For 5 to 7 year olds
For 7 years olds and up!
- Sammy’s Big Dream Read & Color Story Activity Book. Download it today. It’s FREE for a limited time!
- The Deluxe Story Set for Sammy’s Big Dream! It includes 6 ways to interact with the story
- Sammy’s Dream Big Song Program. It includes 14 songs and 140 activities.
- Sammy’s Big Dream Trainer Instructor Kit! There are two versions: Standard and Co-Branded
- Did following Auntie Squirly’s advice and getting in the habit of saving pay off for Sammy and his family? Explain why or why not.
- How do you think Sammy felt, when Papa said: “Your savings reduced the family. Now, we’ll be able to eat all winter!”
- How did Sammy’s brother and sister feel about Sammy after his savings rescued the family? Explain your answer.
- Can you name one reason why saving is a great habit?
- What do you think and suggest Sammy save next – rubber bands? money? something else? Explain your answer.
- Do you think it is smart to get in the habit of saving money?
- Do you think counting and watching your money savings would be fun?
Illustrator Color Choices
Review some of the color choices illustrator Juan Alvarado made in the full color story book It’s a Habit, Sammy Rabbit. Then make your own choices and color each page of the Activity Book version of It’s a Habit, Sammy Rabbit!!
1. Vocabulary Activities
Using the story Key Word Bank below, have children:
- Go through the story page by page and underline each key word.
- Look up and write the definition for each key word listed in the Word Bank.
- Copy and write one sentence from the story for each key word listed in the Word Bank. Examples:
- Key word: Saving | Sentence: Saving is a great habit!
- Key word: Habit | Sentence: Saving is easy when you make it a habit!
Story Key Word Bank
Chapter 1. Key Words: collect | save | wasting | saving | habit
Chapter 2. Key Words: habit | choice | want | need store | save | saving | savings | collection | collect | count | counting | grow
Chapter 3. Key Words: saving
Chapter 4. Key Words: saving | stash | habit
Chapter 5. Key Words: saving | collect | save | habit
2. Important Story Ideas
- Read aloud each of the important story ideas listed in the table below.
- Go through the story, find and circle or underline each of the important story ideas.
- Copy and write down the important story ideas.
- Table of Important Story Ideas
-Saving is a great habit.
-A habit is a choice we make again and again.
-Saving is easy when you make it a habit.-If you get in the habit of saving, you’ll always have carrots when you want and need them. -It’s smart to save a little every day.-It was fun watching my savings grow,-Saving is a great habit
-You better get some of the food we been saving…
-Your savings rescued the family
-What should I promise to save next?
-Saving is a great habit
MORE TRAINING RESOURCES AND VIDEOS
- Sammy Trainer Center
- Sammy Classroom and Small Group Tips
- Sammy Live Shorts from the Field: Schools, Classrooms, Youth Clubs
- Sammy’s Big Dream Author Reading and Free Resources
- Get in the Habit Song and Free Activities
HEADS UP! Periodically, we will be posting new activities!