Participate in a do-good, feel-good challenge with Sammy Rabbit, the great habit rabbit!
Sammy’s aim is to get more teen and college students talking money, sharing their stories, leading themselves and young kids to develop great money habits and getting on the road to financial freedom and security.
How to Enter and Win the Challenge and $500 Scholarship
The Dream Big Youth Challenge involves four steps:
- Contact Sammy and sign up for the Dream Big Read Youth Challenge. You must be 16 years or older or have a teacher sign up for you.
- Acquire a Dream Big Read Trainer Kit. One will either be given to you, sponsored for you, or you can purchase it.*
- Set up and lead a Dream Big Read in your community during the month of October. You can do this at a local elementary school, youth club, etc. Sammy Rabbit is here to help. Feel free to contact us for advice on how to achieve this. You can do it!
- Read the story book “Sammy’s Big Dream” to 2nd, 3rd or 4th graders
- Have a discussion and do a fun activity that reinforces the importance of great money habits
- Submit your essay and enter Sammy’s Dream Big Read Youth Challenge drawing for a chance to win a $500 scholarship. Your essay and information is to be submitted to our partner in executing this challenge, Scholarship Owl. Your entry must be received before midnight November 15. Sammy Rabbit will conduct a random drawing and select a winner of challenge the first week in December. The winner will be notified via email and posted in a blog on SammyRabbit.com. Your essay may be featured on Sammy’s blog!
*The first 25 students to sign up will receive a FREE trainer’s kit.
See examples of what others have done:
- Dream Big Read: Loras College Dream Big Read Community Service Project Summary
- Blog: Rishab Gosalia on Budgeting
You must be 16 years or older or have a teacher sign up for you.