Armed Forces Network Reports on Financial Education Program for Military Families
by Team Sammy
The armed forces take financial literacy seriously. Financial education is a military priority. It is a key component of mission readiness.
Team Sammy initially discovered this as a result of work we did for the Air Force Aid Society which spread to the Department of Defense. We found that Accredited Financial Counselors® located in family readiness centers on Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine bases throughout the world helped to insure military families receive top not financial guidance. These counselors are dedicated and experienced money management professionals. They conduct financial education programs year round including Military Saves Week They make certain financial literacy programs and resources are available to the entire family unit so they are able to make sound financial choices.
Base efforts are supported and supplemented by other organizations that include non-profits like the Air Force Aid Society, the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, and Army Emergency Relief. These operations augment on-base education. They offer military families a wide-variety of financial assistance programs to help them address emergency situations and in some cases, other circumstances that place stress on families.such as child care and education scholarships.
Team Sammy has been and is honored to do a small part to help contribute to these financial literacy and education efforts. Below, check out some of the wonderful programs we have taken part in.
Sammy Rabbit Contributes to Military Families Financial Readiness and Knowledge
- Nick Bradfield, Financial Services Executive, Marine Vet, Dad: Centsai: Financial literacy is important to my family and me
- Chelsea Iliff, Military Mom: Kids, Money, Military Life and a Rabbit named Sammy
- Buckley Air Force Base: A&FRC to host Team Buckley Saves Day
- Davis Monthan: Sammy Rabbit' targets younger audience during Military Saves week
- Ellsworth Air Force Base: Sammy Rabbit visits local school children
- Goodfellow Air Force Base: Financial Readiness Challenge Event
- Hanscom AFB: Sammy Rabbit to teach kids about saving money
- Holloman Air Force Base: Sammy the Rabbit
- Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson: Elementary students taught to save for a rainy day
- Los Angeles Air Force Base: Sammy Rabbit
- Moody AFB Family Readiness Center: Story Time: The Adventures of Sammy Rabbit. Make Saving a Habit!
- Peterson Air Force Base: Sammy teaches more than collecting candy; saving money
- Pope Field: Saving can help Airmen reach goals
- Pope Air Force Base: Earth Day. Sammy Rabbit
- Scott Air Force Base: Sammy the Rabbit
- Tinker AFB: Financial presentation helps change children's lives one dime at a time
- Tyndall AFB: Youth saving money for the future
- Warren AFB: For Freedom students, a penny saved is a lesson learned