We are pleased to share the addition of a new and 4th goal to the 1st National Dream Big Read: Dream Big Read Challenge for Teen and College students! #DreamBigReadYouthChallenge
Our aim is to create more opportunities for teens and college students to:
- Talk about money; share their money stories and tips
- Lead financial education experiences
- Have impact and lead themselves and children to develop great money habits so they both are better positioned to lead more purpose filled lives and get on the road to financial freedom and security.
We think it would be Sammyriffic to empower and see teens and college students:
- Lead Dream Big Read like:
- Be featured in blogs like:
- Rishab Gosalia, Senior, Livingston High School, New Jersey: 5 Best in Class Budgeting Tools
- Share their Money Tips in Social Media
Since, Sammy Rabbit’s inception, he has always believed in the “Show Your Family Way” principle. In other words, lead by example – leading by doing. It does not matter whether you are a preschooler or a grandparent. It is a powerful form of persuasion. This was never clearer then in 2007, when three 9th grade girls from San Saba, Texas, members of the local FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America), under the guidance of then State Director, Sharon Pierce, demonstrated what was possible; what teen leaders are capable of accomplishing by earning a national gold medal for their Sammy Rabbit Ready, Set, Read financial literacy project.
So be a champion and a cheerleader or Sponsor of the 1st National Dream Big Read!
Spread the word. The the word. Let teens and college students know: IT’S ON! #DreamBigReadYouthChallenge
For more information check out the 1st National Dream Big Read!
Have a Sammyriffic day!